- A publisher who is not participating in the event can authorize an exhibitor to be their agent to display/sell their products. Such authorizations are valid only for the current session.
- Exhibitors are expected to keep the signed agency forms with them throughout the exhibition period in order to produce upon request.
- Exhibitors from within the UAE can represent publishers from around the world, whereas exhibitors from other countries can only represent publishers from their respective countries.
- A non-Arab publisher can authorize any number of exhibitors to be their agents (Arab and non-Arab exhibitor), whereas an Arab publisher can have only one agent.
- An agency fee of AED 300 per publisher is applicable for agencies in the Non-Arabic language section and AED 600/- per publisher for agencies in the Arabic language section.
- SIBF holds the right to reject any agencies without giving reasons.
Registration of agencies can be done in three ways:
- A publisher, who is already registered with SIBF, but not participating in the current session, can login to fill and submit the agency form. SIBF will notify the exhibitor about this agency and will request a confirmation.
- A new publisher can first register to SIBF website (click here) and then follow the above procedure.
- A foreign exhibitor, having more than 3 agencies, must login to SIBF website and provide details of the publishers they represent.
Agency approvals are communicated through an email from SIBF.